We don’t know about the powers-that-be, but the NWK Tumblr will be accepting resumes.
Update: OK, actually, we’re serious. In 2 sentences or less, why should you be editor of Newsweek? email@example.com. Bring it.
Been thinking the past few days of what I would want this coming Christmas. Realized that there is still a child left inside me somewhere and not yet done wishing for things - anything actually to make this tender heart extra happy.
This is a partial list as I’m sure my ever discontented heart and equally restless mind would like to add a few more.
Partial wish list:
- One-year supply of potato chips - simple enough maybe but satisfying nonetheless.
- A monthly gift certificate to a spa - need to pamper myself at least every month.
- Cool gift baskets of my favorite body and facial care products
- Vitamin E and moisturizer - a 1-yr supply would be good.
- More time (and money) to spend on karaoke nights.
- Another extra time and energy to cook my favorite foods - not to mention experimenting on a few learned recipes at home.
- Overnight hotel stay package at least every two months - preferably with room service, buffet breakfast, gym and indoor pool use plus jacuzzi.
- Free airfare from any airlines with destination to either Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Cebu or possibly Spain and Italy (a little pocket money and fare for visa & other travel expenses would not hurt either). Am I asking too much? This is for Christmas anyway, sky’s the limit as far as our wishes are concerned.
- A paid vacation leave good for 4 to 5 days so I can spend my time on my wish no. 8 above.
- Friends, my true, trusted ever caring and super fun friends to stay and continue to be around me and share moments with me.
- A supply of imported beers + premium beer and wines and liquors from our favorite local beverage firms (READ: San Miguel & Ginebra).
- Patience to last me through everyday.
- GCs for shoes (a few Manolos or Nine Wests will be accepted gleefully).
- A home entertainment set with the latest HD TVs, speakers that speak straight to my heart, mind and soul, Stereo equipment and a trunk full of my favorite music CDs.
- Unlimited internet connection - one that I don’t need to pay or register for.
- Macbook pro laptop
- An E-reader (the latest)
Just a partial list but anyone with a kind heart can start to save up for with about less than two months to go. Money transfers are also welcome and so are your pledges. Manufacturers of some of products mentioned are also welcome to sponsor their own brands and yes, that would be very much appreciated.
Thank you and advanced Merry Christmas!